Upgrading machines from Single User (CD or v5 DVD) versions to Network Versions
Please contact us if you are hoping to install the network version onto a stand-
This is not possible on releases produced from January 2009, and Sales can adviise on alternative products.
1. The CD versions place entries in registry which could cause issues for the v4 network version, and the presence of two similar icons on the desktop can confuse students and staff. We advise that you backup the student data (if this is still required) and then go to control panel / add and remove programs/ uninstall the program in the usual way, BEFORE installing the network version.
2. To back up the data: Locate the data directory :
These are normally either in c:\program files or in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data. Back up the contents to a safe location. DELETE any file called “options.sha.” and any files with suffix “.sht” or “HS_err_PID” or .LOCK
3. You may find that the CD stand-
4. Look ALSO in the nshark-
5. The -
6. Read the main “Network Installation Manual” for Wordshark or Numbershark to install the new network version. On first run, after enter the licence code (v4) or activation (v5) sign on using a name not already used in your backed up .sha files. Close the program, and restore all the .sha files into the newly created [word][number]shark-
7. Run the program again. Sign on as a program administrator. Go to Admin / Add and manage / “Capture existing student” to re-